Leonie's Top Tips For Successful Veggie Gardens...
- Make your own compost it will bring so much life to your garden
- Add worm castings
- Add Zeolite & Rock minerals
- Finish with organic hay mulch approximately 7cm thick
- Plant plants that relate to our climate eg: in summer we should be planting sub-tropical or tropical plants
- Foliage spray of seaweed & fish emulsion onto the plants
- Deep water every couple of days late in the afternoon
- Plant green manure crops in between harvests
- Don't keep planting the same family in succession, you'll attract pests
Click here for more FAQ's 'Edible No Dig Gardens'
FMTV Special - It is such an honour to be recognised as a passionate leader in children’s health by Food Matters with the Edible School Gardens DVD being included on FMTV (FoodMatters TV), a live streaming wellness site.
Need A Guest Speaker?
- 16 Oct 12
- SOWING SEEDS for the future: The early years and beyond read more
- 01 Apr 12
- Leonie was a recent guest speaker at our monthly Queensland Herb Society... read more
- 23 Dec 10
- Even though it was a muddy affair in 2010, The kids really enjoyed sto... read more
Join our Newsletter
Find out the latest news and happenings with Edible School Gardens.sign up here >>